Welcome to Bath Mencap Society
Bath Mencap Society is a local charity supporting people with learning disabilities, their families and carers in Bath and the surrounding area.
Our vision is for people in the Bath area with a learning disability to live fulfilling lives where they are valued equally, listened to and included. We believe everyone with learning difficulties should have the opportunity to be part of the community in Bath.
We welcome suggestions, questions and queries and although we may not always be able to help you directly we will endeavour to find someone who can, so please give us a call.
We are a registered charity and although affiliate to National Mencap we do not receive any funding from them. We also receive no government funding and therefore rely entirely upon voluntary support from donors, local businesses and grant making trusts.
We believe that people with a learning disability have the following rights (as set out in the national Mencap manifesto):
• To be treated as equal citizens and have control over their lives
• To have a childhood like any other child
• To live independently as adults
• To have support to get a job
• To have opportunities to lead fulfilling lives – both for people with a learning disability and family carers
• To receive good healthcare
• To have sufficient income and be economically active
• To have opportunities for friendships, relationships and a family life
RECRUITMENT – Bath Mencap are currently recruiting for a Service Manager. Please click here for further information.
posted under: Uncategorized
Notice of Annual General Meeting Bath Mencap will be holding it’s Annual General Meeting on Monday 27th March 2017 at 7:30 pm. The AGM will take place at St Michael’s without church, Broad Street, Bath, BA1 5LJ. If you would like to attend the AGM, please confirm your attendance to…