Established in 1964
We are a registered Mencap charity based in Bath and are affiliated with the National Mencap group.
We have been operating in and around Bath since 1964 and have met some wonderful families and individuals through our work here.
We do not receive any funding from National Mencap. We also receive no government funding and therefore rely entirely upon voluntary support from donors, local businesses and grant making trusts.
At Bath Mencap our vision is for people in the Bath area with a learning disability to live fulfilling lives where they are valued equally.
We believe that people with a learning disability have the following rights (as set out in the national Mencap manifesto):
• To be treated as equal citizens and have control over their lives
• To have a childhood like any other child
• To live independently as adults
• To have support to get a job
• To have opportunities to lead fulfilling lives – both for people with a learning disability and family carers
• To receive good healthcare
• To have sufficient income and be economically active
• To have opportunities for friendships, relationships and a family life
We welcome any questions and suggestions you may have regarding Bath Mencap including our services and events. We may not always be able to help you directly but we will endeavour to find someone who can as quickly as possible, so please contact us.